Thursday 9 May 2013

Yes, I know it's been at least a million years since I updated this blog. But don't worry I am now back on track. Our camera had broken and I didn't have a decent phone so I couldn't upload any photos. But here I am back on track!!
I've actually been pretty busy as of late. I've got lots of pictures to upload and tell you about.
The first batch of pictures are of some submissions I made to an LDS Publishing house in Utah, for a childrens ABC book of biblical characters.
I had no idea what they wanted so I submitted a range of styles

 Z is for Zacharias

A is for Abinidi


M is for Mary


E is for Eve part 1



E is for Eve part 2
 

K is for King Benjamin

I was shortlisted down, but in the end they went with an artist who was more tablet based. A bit frustrating since I'd deliberately produced hand drawn pictures. Once again I learnt so much doing this little project, since I had absolutely no idea what they wanted or had in mind, I simply need to get myself a great portfolio together with loads of different styles and simply send them that. So, that's my project still, to produce enough quality and diverse work to complete a portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment